Agamemnon makes her way to the edge of the system, followed at a safe distance by a Clan destroyer. The members of the team who need medical attention are treated on the way. After jumping to Quantraine and meeting with Alabama, then again with the jump to Milligan’s World, the crew undertakes a number of tasks.
- Becker discovers an incredible amount of activity and funds expended against the ship’s accounts by Jameson and Sims. After having Mitch and Captain Eaton investigate, they discover an intricate web of purchases and trading activity – the result of which has put a number of assets under control of the Agamemnon – including two Overlord-class dropships, two full battalions of Battlemechs and their mechwarriors, a full crew compliment for both both warships, and time reserved at New Samarkand’s graving dock to repair the midships damage from Agamemnon’s misjump. All in all, hundreds of millions of credits have changed hands through Sims’ dealings in certain bits of the ship’s losttech, and cleverly dealing in unique salvage finds throughout the Combine.
- Between Becker and Mitch, Lev’s belongings are sorted. A number of romantic missives are found, with no addressee, and Lev’s Upon Death instructions in his contract are that his remains and ceremonial sword be returned to Admiral Ling of the Draconis Combine.
- Rance managed to fabricate an armored vest much like the trenchcoat Lev Arris used.
- Mitch performs an exhaustive analysis of the Clan gunboat and derives specifications for several components.
- A detailed analysis of the mass driver is performed – but offers up no surprises except it appears there may be limited ammunition supplies of the large, planet-killing slugs.
- Data Analysis produces two options for supply caches. The first is a forward base from the Amaris rebellion on Zalaf that was never completed before the Cameron betrayal. The second is a deep-space cache known only to the 9th Fleet near Tabayama.