August 18th, 2025 – New York City
On Monday nights, the staff of The Castle have “family dinner” and cater in fine dining for the party and John’s confidants. A spirited discussion occurs about the motivations of The Division in general, Mr. Jones specifically, as well as some speculation about what actions the party should or should not take.
After dinner, the party retires to the lounge on one of the residence floors and engages in various lines of research. The following are discovered:
- Emily finds a discrete way to contact Benjamin Randall, the man attempting to find Emily after the death of his father, Theodore. After some electronic exchanges, she discovers that Theodore left a letter for Emily that must be hand-delivered. Somehow, Emily manages to convince Benjamin to come to NYC and deliver it to her at The Castle. He’s expected later in the week.
- Jamie attempts to find any reference possible to the Division. He manages to discover an allocation in a defense appropriations bill from the 1970s, as well as an address in an office block in Langley, VA.
- Margaret helps Emma with some research. She finds references to people who can steal “souls” or health and give it to others, and she does find some information on dragons linked to the faerie folk, but nothing tying them together,
- Hugo discovers that the surviving medical records from the facility in Dubai – those of Margaret, Jamie, and Emily – appear to have forged entries from April 8th to May 22nd. The paper and printer are different, the pages were printed at the same time as opposed to added over time, and some of the information is inaccurate and inconsistent with other records (such as Jamie’s blood type). Margaret checks with John and discovers that his records have no such anomalies, and also discovers that Mr. Jones paid John a visit every few months in an attempt to recruit John to his cause.
- Emily does some hacking on behalf of Cole and discovers that the woman who attempted to break into his apartment in Cleveland shortly after his capture is the same that he met in Afghanistan on his mission with Jones. Emily attempts a bold hack of the NSA to check their facial recognition database, but fails spectacularly and narrowly foils a trace. A semi-public records search however reveals the same woman the following week entering the offices of Lloyd’s of London just one day before Hugo was sent after the container ship.